Time Commitment: Full-Time
Location: New York City, New York / COVID-19 Remote Options Available
Job Description: We’re looking for a versatile, seasoned leader who has experience in the areas of marketing, advertising, sales, and/or communications. We are hoping this person can help us significantly scale our business through expanding our network in the industry, coaching our team to upskill our abilities, and overseeing a revamped pitch process to help secure new business. We are all about pushing the envelope at JUV, so we are looking for someone who thinks outside the box – and can effectively craft concepts that blow potential clients away. We are also extremely community-oriented at JUV, so we are looking for someone that can really build up our team currently – but also develop key relationships with businesses, press, and other agencies to strategically position us towards our goals. This leader will work closely with our CEO, marketing team, growth team, and accounts teams to help set the vision for the company, to manage/hand off relationships, to spec out scopes, to convert business, to enrich our existing teams, and to build a robust community. This person has an entrepreneurial attitude and experience in business development, marketing, and revenue-generating partnerships, and is a hybrid between an ops manager, a coach, a creative, and a relationships builder. This is a great role for anyone who has already been in this space a while, but is looking for a new, exciting, purpose-driven opportunity to pivot towards. We are looking for someone who will bring energy, expertise, and excellence to our team by building process, new relationships, and long-term thinking to the table. We are hoping this person is excited about disrupting the marketing ecosystem, mentoring an ambitious young team, and perhaps making the world a little bit better by empowering more diverse Gen Zers with a seat at the table.
– Actively build new relationships with potential clients, press, and other partners to grow JUV’s footprint in the industry and drive revenue growth.
– Work along a consistent new business process through the development of pitching, through scoping and negotiating best practices, and through a seamless data-supported sales operation that empowers young team members to succeed.
– Closely think through long-term strategy for JUV with the leadership team to think about how JUV can really win as the future of what an “agency” can look like in the 21st century.
– Coaching our team to be even more successful in their approach to new business, specifically working with them to set strategy, write the narrative, and perfect our process.
– Work with leadership to advance JUV’s reputation in the market amongst competitors, potential clients, and partners.
– Build reporting infrastructure and work with operations to streamline the updates of key information to senior leaders.
– Be accountable for monthly and quarterly new business sales targets.
– 10+ years of corporate marketing, comms, and/or sales experience.
– Possesses a robust trade network of marketing professionals, within businesses, conferences, publications, and other agencies.
– Track record and demonstrated success in consistently exceeding sales, marketing, and PR goals.
– Strong passion for storytelling, mentorship, and community.
– Strong command of the RFP process, business development pipeline, communications softwares, and project management best practices.
– You have a favorite CMO (and probably, a least favorite).
– You read Forbes, AdWeek, and PRWeek – and probably know some folks at those places too.
– You’re a people person who absolutely loves to build connections, to mentor young people, to identify new opportunities, and to build towards growth!
– You are tired of “business as usual” attitudes in marketing right now.
– You think often about what is wrong with the agency ecosystem, and have a million ideas of how it can be done better.
– You believe in purpose-driven diverse young people to make this world a little bit better – and while you love to teach, you aren’t afraid to learn a few new things in whatever you do next.
– You’re ready for a big change that leaves you feeling a bit more inspired by what you do day in and day out.