Location: New York, NY (Times Square Offices)
Time Commitment: 10-20 hours/week maximum
Job Description: Are you a charismatic and enthusiastic “people person”? Do you enjoy finding new and innovative ways to engage your team in order to create an inclusive environment? This internship is the perfect opportunity to gain real-world experience in the human resources field at a fast-paced startup. We are looking for an ambitious intern that is willing to handle any tasks delegated to them by People Operations leadership to keep the engine running smoothly. This may include, but is not limited to, assisting with contract creation/organization, onboarding new team members, and finding ~quirky~ ways to keep our team engaged by planning events they actually want to come to. This individual will need great written and verbal communication skills (if email is your thing, we love you already) and be able to strike a line between being the life of the party and the host of the party. This person must be a team player that believes no task is too small, or big, to handle. We are looking for an intern that will come prepared to assist with both administrative tasks and high-level People Operations management ideation in a constantly moving environment. This role is perfect for folks with a desire to join the human resources, recruitment, professional development, EDI&B, or management field(s) broadly!
– Must have great written and verbal communication skills.
– Must be a team player willing to handle tasks, specifically administrative tasks, that require a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality, and accuracy.
– Interest in equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging (EDI&B) is a plus!
– Experience with Notion, Google Drive, Organimi, and/or Workable is a plus!
– Assist with document writing, filing, bookkeeping, and organization.
– Help improve processes and onboarding procedures for all full-time employees and contractors.
– Brainstorm innovative ways to improve our ever-changing company culture.
– Assist with recruitment of new employees and contractors through leveraging JUV’s tools and their network.
– Assist with calendar management and meeting scheduling/preparation for both the Chief People Officer and Director of People & Inclusion.
– Assist with company policy review, creation, copy, and execution.
– Regularly updating all people operation files and databases to insure constant accuracy.
– Assist in coordinating company culture, advisory house, professional development, recruiting, networking, and EDI+B events.