Time Commitment: Full-Time
Location: New York City, NY (or the Greater NYC Area) / Remote
Job Description: Are you obsessed with Gen Z culture? Are you obsessed with finding solutions and growing networks? Do you enjoy asking hard-hitting questions and analyzing data? Do you find yourself thinking about consumer insights and reading research for fun? Are you a natural project and people manager? Does this role sound like a crazy mash-up of things?
JUV’s research arm is facilitated through The Receipt (because Gen Z always has the receipts ready), a network of 7,500+ Gen Zers, who we send surveys to and conduct interviews with in order to create research reports for our Fortune 500 clients. We are growing this department and network, and are looking for someone who can simultaneously grow our network of Gen Zers across the US and world, while also overseeing a robust research practice guided by client needs and scopes. This person needs to build our research capabilities for the long-term while managing a successful client-facing operation in the short and medium term. Fundamentally, this role requires someone who has strong data management skills (qual and quant), experience working with consumer insights, a startup mindset, technical marketing & growth hacking prowess, and is ready to strategically reshape our research products and services.
This role requires someone who is a well-rounded thinker who has the technical chops to build subscriber lists, the measured diligence to oversee the development of consumer insight reports, and a natural ability to develop and manage team members. The person who fills this role is an exceptional organizer, brainstormer, manager, problem solver, communicator, and natural-born leader.
The Research Project Manager must be able to think critically about how we can market and expand The Receipt as a network, to be as representative of Gen Z as possible. We ultimately want someone that is excited to be in the start-up space and loves data, to release, publish, and create insights that highlight the way Gen Z thinks and acts. Suitable candidates will additionally lead business development and growth efforts for the department as a whole.
– Research, analyze, interpret, visualize, and present survey data sourced from our network of young people.
– Using SPSS/other mechanisms to analyze data.
– Understand weaknesses, strengths, and places for growth for The Receipt.
– Plan and execute strategies on how to expand The Receipt across specific categories and demographics.
– Plan and execute strategies to increase engagement and improve retention.
– Develop programs that increase brand awareness for The Receipt on campuses across the nation.
– Implement mechanisms to improve survey capabilities such as A/B testing, conjoint analysis, etc.
– Take lead with thought leadership research studies.
– Oversee client relations during active projects and quality control final reports and deliverables.
– Oversee the creation of insights decks around survey analysis and one-pagers with key takeaways from the survey results.
– Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor junior team members.
– Minimum 4 years working in a Research, Project Management, or Consulting capacity.
– Minimum 2 years managing a team of direct reports.
– Located in EST zone or within 3-hour time difference of EST.