- CMO Insider is the place for marketing leaders to share, commiserate, and convene.
- The launch coincides with the publication of our 8th annual Most Innovative CMOs list.
- Over the next 12 months, we will be rolling out monthly themes, in-person gatherings, roundtables, and more.
Welcome to CMO Insider, our new, enduring platform for marketing leaders to learn, share, and network.
I want to tell you what to expect from this destination, and how marketing leaders can get involved.
First, just a note about the timing — it’s no accident. Insider right now is busy at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, doing dozens of CMO video interviews and hosting a live event about how brands can be courageous in these challenging times.
To coincide with Cannes Lions — this year just as in the past seven years — we also present our Most Innovative CMOs list.
Unlike years past, though, Insider also convened a panel discussion of CMOs, including Raja Rajamannar, chief marketing and communications officer and president of healthcare at Mastercard; Cristina Diezhandino, chief marketing officer at Diageo; Jeff Goodby, co-chairman at Goodby Silverstein & Partners; and Jasmine Enberg, principal analyst, social media at Insider Intelligence.
The headliner of the event was a conversation between Ziad Ahmed, CEO and founder of JUV Consulting, and actor Auli’i Cravalho, famous for her performance of Moana. Ahmed interviewed Cravalho about her public advocacy for indigenous women, including the time she walked the runway with a red handprint painted across her face to draw attention to the cause.
I tell you all this because it goes to the heart of what we want to do with CMO Insider. Regular readers of Insider know that we engage with our audience through personal and first-person storytelling. It drives empathy, understanding, and awareness.
CMO Insider reflects that mission as well — a place where marketing leaders and those who work closely with them can convene, in person and through storytelling, share stories of success and struggle, and help surface trends that will impact brands across verticals.
Here are some of the things you can expect:
- Regular first-person features from CMOs and other industry leaders, focusing on timely and relevant thought leadership topics.
- We’re doing dozens of CMO interviews at Cannes on video — and we won’t stop there. Our crew will be setting up at other industry events, and in our own New York City studios.
- Because CMOs care about everything from technology to popular culture, we’ll be curating stories from across our newsroom.
- We’ll be convening live events — virtual and in person — including at least a few thematic roundtables, especially at big industry gatherings like Advertising Week and SXSW.